Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Independence, growing up and an unfinished business

It's hard to believe how fast time flies and some of the people closest have grown up and sort of become independent.

Last week, Darwin quit his job in Singapore, he told me his job and employer didn't give him any opportunity for growth and he felt like a slave. Knowing Darwin, I wouldn't expect anything less but seeing him quit, I was like wow, this guy really sticks it to the man. Tin also caught the entrepreneurial bug and wanted to start business on her own in Indo, without her aunt help even. Today, I just got the news that my cousin Wilson is getting married.

2 close friends going independent and a relative getting married. wow time flies really fast. I have never felt so behind. I should do a lot of stuffs to catch up too but there's some unfinished business here.

One of the unfinished business is an introduction to filmmaking class that I took 3 years ago in 2004 in De Anza College before I came to berkeley. I was forced to drop the class halfway through to go back to indonesia. The zombie movie that I made was supposed to be for that class. Right now I have come to finish what I have started. For the past 4 weeks, I've actually been taking the same class again in De Anza, with the same teacher! My friend Alex Kasim who appeared in my zombie flick have agreed to appear in my projects again. But now, I'm really short on ideas for my final project. I have a groundhog day/Craig David's "7 days" video spoof, a drug movie, a short student/roommate version of "The Office", but I need more good and feasible ideas. Hopefully it will all turn out well, on the meantime, I might turn this blog into some kind of production diary of my film class, if I have time and energy to update the blog, of course.

No comments: