Monday, May 7, 2007

First Week of May

Happenings of last week:

I lost my integrity. I finally voted for a contestant in American Idol for the first time since its inception 5 years ago. I broke my long held vow not to ever vote, even for a contestant that I like. It's all my sister's fault really. She begged and pleaded me like hell to vote for Chris Richardson. I finally gave in and felt really bad about it. Thank goodness that Chris Richardson got booted out. Damn u, sister. another funny thing about this is that I put "I lost my integrity" as my nickname and a friend said something like "damn, I thought you lose your virginity"

San Francisco International Film Festival is going on now. Watch any good film if you'd like. I have watched Opera Jawa and Singapore Dreaming. Both are worth the visit to SF and admission. I also tried for Paprika by Satoshi Kon. but boy, that film had its rush tickets queue just as long as the Spider-Man 3 line. So I didn't get it either. Novie said she downloaded it, so I might just get it from her.

I was browsing facebook and I found out that one of my favourite professor in Berkeley, Randy Katz, who teaches Logic Design Class (CS 150), have a facebook profile. I visited my class newsgroup and found out that he indeed announced it there, so it's not fake. one of the wonders of facebook.

My roommate didn't get his H1, so does my friend. It's really sad and ironic because now that I'm the only person I know among me who get the H1, I'd become lonely. I don't know if this H1 thing is a blessing or a curse.

As a consequence of my roommate not getting H1, we have to move out separately. I'm now looking for new place to stay around Bay Area beginning next month. I'm also complicated by the situation that my cousin Raymond is likely to come to De Anza next January and my uncle would request me to stay with him. Now, I'd pretty much like to live on my own because I've started to cherish my newfound freedom and I think letting my cousin live on his own and start learning how to live independently might be the best solution. It's not that I don't want to live with my cousin, it's just I know what my uncle's intentions are and i'm pretty much supposed to be his guardian. But I have already learned enough from the time my sister was in De Anza. I'm always unwittingly stuck between the conflict of parent and child where I'm the middle man guardian. Sigh. But my uncle is one of the best person in the family to me, so I'm trying to think of a long term housing solution for this solution. One which might involve my old roommate Lawrence and a De Anza (and ex Monk's Hill) friend, Indra.

Lastly, couple of weeks ago, I was hit by a cupid. I was quick enough to react and pluck out the arrow. I realized it was an old arrow that hit me before. But it was too late, the effect of being hit by the arrow has started to manifest itself. But with enough preserverance and concentration, the effect should disappear within a few weeks.

No comments: