Friday, February 16, 2007

The Nintendo Update

So, I finally got my white Nintendo DS Lite last week. Finally, after a long search and I've been playing it ever since.

What am I playing now?

- Gamecube:

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess



This is my very first Zelda game ever. I'm not joking. I know it's such a shame coming from a nintendo fan like me. But I've always been a Mario fan. Anyway, let's talk about this game. In the game, you basically play Link as he explore the land of Hyrule, defeated monsters, solve some puzzles here and there, get new weapons and meet new people. It's really a fun and epic game and the learning curve is definitely not hard for an epic game. The best thing about this game is the epic feel of Hyrule and the fact that you only play ONE character: Link throughout the entire game makes the epic feeling much more satisfying (unlike Final Fantasy games where u play many characters) as you discover new places. The thing that I don't like about the game is the wolf link as he has limited capabilities and playing him is really tough ... also the game really feels linear for an epic like this. Every Zelda game always carry a lot of reputation and this one could be the last traditional zelda game. I definitely hope so, I want to see a newer non-linear Zelda.

I have only finished about 20 hours now, I'm in Lake Hylia, about to start entering the lakebed temple. Oh, I'm playing the gamecube version and this will be the last gamecube game I play before I sell it to make way for the Wii. I think the gamecube version is the way to go since this game is originally designed for the traditional controller. I've tried playing the Wii version and I don't like it, the motion sensing thing makes the learning curve much higher.

- DS:

Elite Beat Agents


Elite Beat Agents is a rhythm based game where you tapped circles on the screen as the music beat goes on. What makes it stands out is that you're not just tapping at some music. The game has a clever and wacky theme story to it where you play dancing agents (don't ask) who help people in trouble. Each scenario has a song to accompany it. and the stories are wacky and funny as hell is done in funny manga style too. You have to be good at rhythm games because the progression of the story depends on the movement/dancing of the agents which depends on how accurate/fast you tap on the screen. If the whole concept sounds outrageous, that's the point. Trust me it's a really fun game. However, I'm not really good at rhythm game and this is probably my first serious attempt at one. I'm now still stuck in the final stage of the easiest difficulty .. sigh.

... and it has one of the most creepily sappiest presentation of Chicago's You're The Inspiration ... EVER:



Hotel Dusk: Room 215


This one is more like an interactive novel than a game. It's about a disgraced ex-cop from NY who happen to stay in a Hotel in Las Vegas on an assignment. During his stay, he discover that the hotel and the people who stays there hold many secrets and perhaps one that he has been searching for since he quit the force in NY. It's definitely noirish and full of twist and turns (but don't expect dark stuffs). Since it's more like a book, it's not that hard to play too. The only thing I don't like is some characters are stupid and some lines are too redundant. But so far the story is engaging and it's worth playing (or reading?)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha.. my dear po chi lum.. hey there.. long time no see. i assume programing hasn't done you much good so far.. stop playing ur NDS crouching at your sofa.. go out n meet ppl.. hehehe.. i only read the first two of ur entries and i think i m going to hit the bed now.. hehee.. wonder how your hair is now.. (sorry bro.. u wont find a place to leave mean comments for me except facebook.. hahaa.. ciao.. ) hope you find a chiobu soon... hahhaa... wonder who this is?? who can it be .. it's not liam.. hahaa... who else is so kind n honest to u ?? hahaha.. take care buddy